Boeing CEO says US manufacturer is working with authorities on 737 Max 8 crash

posted on 18th March 2019 by Justin Burns
Boeing CEO says US manufacturer is working with authorities on 737 Max 8 crash

Boeing chief executive officer (CEO) Dennis Muilenburg says the US aircraft manufacturer is working with aviation authorities to evaluate new information into the crash of the Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 Boeing 737 Max 8 crash.

The aircraft crashed last Sunday (10 March) killing all 157 on board while on its way to Nairobi from Addis Ababa and has to the grounding of all 371, 737 Boeing Max aircraft globally.

Muilenburg issued the following statement after report from Ethiopian Transport Minister Dagmawit Moges yesterday (17 March): “First and foremost, our deepest sympathies are with the families and loved ones of those onboard Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302.

“Boeing continues to support the investigation, and is working with the authorities to evaluate new information as it becomes available. Safety is our highest priority as we design, build and support our airplanes.

“As part of our standard practice following any accident, we examine our aircraft design and operation, and when appropriate, institute product updates to further improve safety.

“While investigators continue to work to establish definitive conclusions, Boeing is finalizing its development of a previously-announced software update and pilot training revision that will address the MCAS flight control law’s behavior in response to erroneous sensor inputs.

“We also continue to provide technical assistance at the request of and under the direction of the National Transportation Safety Board, the U.S. Accredited Representative working with Ethiopian investigators.

“In accordance with international protocol, all inquiries about the ongoing accident investigation must be directed to the investigating authorities.”