Today, Clear Channel Airports (CCA) announced Piarco International Airport (POS) and A.N.R. Robinson International Airport (TAB) of Trinidad and Tobago granted the U.S. airport media leader a five-year advertising contract with new media upgrades beginning April, 2020. Awarded after a competitive bid process, CCA was the clear choice by demonstrating its scale in the Caribbean, revenue–generating prowess, and state-of-the-art design concepts.
This competitive win for the Americas-based airports business of Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CCO) marks the fifth major contract announced in 2019 and complements 15 wins in 2018 and 80 wins over the last 5 years. CCA has nearly doubled annual airport advertising revenue at POS and TAB since first entering the market in 2012.
CCA’s cutting-edge advertising program provides revenue generating offerings through signature, high-impact digital and large format assets with energy conservation in mind. This new media program will implement a minimalist approach at both airports to ensure a clean look that creates an inviting statement to welcome travelers.
Brands ranging from Jaguar to Land Rover, are leveraging the POS/TAB advertising environments with amazing results. One longstanding advertiser, Ansa Automotive, owner of Trafalgar Motors, used the indoor experiential display opportunities and sold three Jaguar EPACE vehicles in ten months.
“We found the Return on Investment (218%) for the vehicle displayed in the airport a huge success. Not only by the measurement of sales, but by the traffic it has driven to our showroom. Both units we displayed in the airport were sold to customers choosing to purchase showroom vehicles as a result of the brand’s presence in the displays.” said Scott Phillips, sales manager, Trinidad and Tobago, Trafalgar Motors.
High-end purchases like these come as no surprise to advertisers as Trinidad and Tobago are among the wealthiest countries in the region. Nearly three million passengers travel through POS/TAB annually.
It serves as the primary hub for Caribbean Airlines and offers 29 international destinations including; New York, London, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Philadelphia, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, San Juan, Houston, New Orleans and more. Based in southwest Tobago, TAB operates five international airlines with one million annual passengers. The airport will undergo an expansion project within the next three years, increasing its direct flights to the island from New York (JFK), Newark, Houston, Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando.
Hayden Newton, General Manager of Airports Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (“the Authority”) stated, “Clear Channel Airports understands the Authority’s strategic direction and objectives. Their work has helped us realize our vision to lead the region in diverse and innovative aviation business. We’re happy for the continued partnership, as we aim to deliver even higher standards of service, improve airport aesthetics and enhance the customer experience, while meeting non-aeronautical revenue earning goals.”
“The dual-island nations’ airports deliver advertisers impactful opportunities to engage with hard-to-reach, affluent business and leisure passengers,” said Morten Gotterup, president, Clear Channel Airports. “We look forward to our continued relationship with POS and TAB as we introduce new media solutions that open doors for brands desiring to reach this coveted audience.”
Piarco International Airport details:
- Two high definition LED video walls in baggage claim
- Two suspended, large-format, dual-sided, back-lit tension fabric displays in duty-free concourse
- Ten non-illuminated, large-format tension fabric displays in arrivals concourse
- Four non-illuminated, large-format tension fabric displays at arrivals concourse entrance
- Two non-illuminated tension fabric displays in the bulkhead
- Four client domination areas in the duty-free concourse and departures gate hold areas
- Escalator wrap
- Floor graphic
- Large-format tension fabric
- Glass wraps (2)
- Two illuminated and two non-illuminated, large-format tension fabric displays in arrivals concourse prior to immigration
- One exterior floor exhibit at Atrium entrance
- Two illuminated tension fabric displays in baggage claim
A.N.R. Robinson International Airport details:
- Four 85-inch LCD high impact displays (two in arrivals baggage claim; two in departures gates hold areas)
- Two charging stations
- Four exterior, large-format tension fabric displays in pedestrian walkway