Delta is extending their of our key health and safety protocols this winter holiday season by blocking the selection of middle seats and limiting the number of customers per flight through at least Jan. 6, 2021.
“Medical experts, including our own partners at Emory Healthcare, agree – more distance on board makes a difference,” said Bill Lentsch, Chief Customer Experience Officer. “We believe that taking care of our customers and employees and restoring confidence in the safety of air travel is more important right now than filling up every seat on a plane. We’ll continue taking a thoughtful, layered approach ensuring customers know to expect the highest standard of care as they prepare for their holiday travels.”
As customers consider upcoming travel, flexibility is more important than ever. That’s why Delta is also extending their change fee waiver for new flights purchased through Sept. 30.
Blocking Middle Seats for More Space
Through Jan. 6, 2021, Delta will block the selection of middle seats in Delta Premium Select, Delta Comfort+ and Main Cabin via the Fly Delta app or online.
- For customers in parties of 1-2: Middle seats will be blocked for safety.
- For customers in parties of 3 or more: Middle seats will appear as available for booking, to allow families and travel companions to select seats together.
This functionality helps maintain their pledge to give customers more space on board while offering flexibility with their seat choices.
Delta is also continuing to ensure flights are not filled to capacity. For travel through at least Oct. 31, customers can expect that Delta will:
- Limit the number of customers on board all aircraft – with or without middle seats.
- Limit the First Class cabin to half capacity to further ensure more space between customers.*
- Block one aisle of seats on aircraft without middle seats.
On routes where their planes begin to fill, Delta will continue to look for opportunities to upsize to a larger aircraft type or add more flights.
The Delta One cabin on widebody aircraft, which is designed with more space and privacy built in, will be offered at full capacity effective Oct. 1.
Customers can review their seat selections any time prior to departure in My Trips on delta.com or in the Fly Delta app for greater reassurance about space on board.