The International Air Transport Association (IATA) announced that “20/20 Vision: Focusing on the Future,” will be the theme of the 2020 Safety and Flight Ops Conference.
“The pace of technological change is exponential. As one of the most technology-dependent industries in the world, the opportunities for aviation are exciting. Advances in automation and AI can have a direct link to operational improvements in safety and efficiency. And they can also have a role in helping aviation to address responsibilities with respect to data management, cyber security and sustainability. The Safety and Flights Ops Conference is a forum to discuss and debate how aviation can rise to these challenges,” said Gilberto Lopez Meyer, IATA’s Senior Vice President, Safety and Flight Operations.
The Safety and Flight Ops Conference will be hosted by Azerbaijan Airlines and take place in Baku, Azerbaijan, 31 March-2 April. Presenters include:
- Alexandre de Juniac, IATA Director General and CEO
- Dr. Fang Liu, Secretary General of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- Steve Dickson, Administrator, US Federal Aviation Administration
- Patrick Ky, Executive Director, European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
- Jahangir Askerov, President, Azerbaijan Airlines
- Hassan Shahidi, President and CEO, Flight Safety Foundation
- Simon Hocquard, Director General, Civil Air Navigation Services Organization (CANSO)
- Craig Bomben, Vice President, Flight Operations and Company Chief Pilot, Boeing
- Yigal Unna, Director General, Israeli National Cyber Directorate
“The speaker line-up reflects the extensive partnerships among government and industry stakeholders that ensure safe and efficient operations,” said Lopez Meyer.
Session topics include:
- The Future of Commercial Aviation
- The Future Role of the Regulator
- Cyber Safety
- The Greening of Aviation
- Enabling Cryogenic Hydrogen-based CO2-free Air Transport
- Aircraft Data Governance and Policy
- Multi-Modal Transport
- Finding the Talent of the Future