The Wichita Aero Club Board of Directors recently welcomed its first woman to its executive committee. And it did more than welcome her. It named her vice chair.
“Ashley’s one of the most conscientious, get-it-done individuals I’ve had the pleasure of working with,” says Wichita Aero Club President Dave Franson. “When she assumes responsibility for something, you don’t have to worry about it again.”
Ashley Bowen Cook has served the club in some capacity since the club, originally founded in 1915 but then dismantled, took off again in 2008. Cook headed the annual gala for nine years, and has headed the committee responsible for selecting the prestigious WAC Trophy winner for the last six years. She also served on the Golf Classic committee for four years. The executive committee is a tight-knit leadership group. Its full membership includes:
– John O’Leary, Airbus Americas Engineering Vice President and General Manager, Chair
– Ashley Bowen Cook, Greteman Group Vice President, Vice Chair
– Dave Franson, Wichita Aero Club President
– Mike Croitoru, FlightSafety International Director of Business Development
– Lonnie Vaughn, Yingling Aviation President
– Glenn Tate, Air Capital Insurance Chairman
– Sean Weaver, Allen, Gibbs & Houlik Senior Advisor
– Jeff Peier, Klenda Austerman Managing Member
“I feel honored to be part of the executive committee and look forward to contributing in this leadership role,” says Cook.
“The Wichita Aero Club brings members of the Air Capital together in a way we wouldn’t have otherwise. It builds understanding, deepens relationships and helps us advocate for an industry we love. I’m ready and eager to help advance its mission.”