Last updated 1st April 2018
EVA International Media Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy and the other documents contained in the Legal section of our website sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you at events, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller is EVA International Media Ltd, registered office: 20-24 Brighton Road, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5BN, registration number 7771862
Any questions you may have on how we use your data can be directed to EVA International Media Ltd, Boswell Cottage, 19 South End, Croydon CR0 1BE. Tel: +44 (0) 208 253 4000
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”)
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by using our sites www.evaint.com (our site and any other websites we my register and operate), including your name, contact number and email address. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence while we process your request. We’ll also keep a record of details of your subscriptions to our magazines and any business conducted with our organisation (booking advertsing, sponsorship, attending events)
- Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
- Anonymous information from 3rd party sites who have referred you to our site.
- Information that you post publicly on the internet, including your username and the content of your posts (when you leave feedback and comments), content you submit in public forums or in posts on social media platforms
- Information that you voluntarily provide to us through forms on our website or otherwise or which you may receive from us, in particular for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
- We may keep a record of different types of mobile data about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g. GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Site or specific features of the Site) when you use our platform on your mobile.
- Information contained in or relating to communication between you and EVA International Media Ltd, for instance through our website, chat, forms, mobile application, email, telephone or other means (including your contact details, the communication content and meta data associated with the communication)
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
EVA International Media Ltd does not store any personal banking details. Any payment transactions are carried out by appropriately regulated 3rd parties and only they will hold your details. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
How do we process your personal data?
EVA International complies with its obligations where your personal data is concerned by keeping it up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data we hold
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- Transactional communications. These refer to the use of your name, email address and telephone number for the purposes in our legitimate interest of facilitating a specific transaction initiated by you, usually for advertising print or digital, sponsorship, exhibition space or attending one of our events made through our platform or with one of or sales managers/executives, and to provide you with customer service, support and service notices, reminders, technical updates and news alerts relating to that enquiry. We’ll use the personal data you provide us with for:
- Responding to and communicating with you for the purposes of sales requested by you;
- Enabling communication about our different products and services chosen by you
- Sending you relevant news alerts and marketing messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, and information relating to an enquiry;
We may also use it to inform you of other products and services, including
- Events which may be of interest
- Verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our platform
- Resolving disputes which may arise from the booking of delegates through our platform
Processing of your data for sales purposes will be required until you inform us that you do not want us to contact you or wish to receive any of our publications, A contact record may be considered “Active” if we have not been informed by you that you no longer wish to receive any of publications or marketing literature.
- Optimisation. We may use data you make available to us through our platform to improve in our legitimate interest the experience and personalise our platform for our users, to understand, administer, develop and improve our platform and to create a safe and trusted environment for our users. We may also request feedback from you about our platform, publications and events you book with us.
- Key Announcements. To occasionally in our legitimate interest inform you of updates to, and news about, events, latest publication and its key products, including updates to our terms and conditions, news on product releases, Invitations to key events and other exceptional announcements deemed relevant to you.
- Marketing and Promotions. With your consent, to periodically provide you with information by email we believe will be of interest, including, updates on new events and products, deals and offers and event invitations and industry news and commentary.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, in relation to an enquiry you have made, with your explicit permission. We will not share your data with third parties, except with your explicit written permission.
We will never share your data outside of the EU except with your explicit written permission, or to put you in touch with potential leads that jurisdiction with your permission.
We may share your personal data to any of our employees, mailing company, suppliers, contractors or subcontractors as required for the purposes outlined in this policy.
How long do we keep your personal data?
- For data processing for the purposes of Transactional Communications, we will use your personal data unless asked by individuals to unsubscribe to our services which then considered “Inactive” by EVA international Media Ltd. A record may be considered “Active” if we have not been informed by you or someone on your behalf, and with your explicit permission, that you do not want to receive our information.
- For data processing for the purposes of Optimisation and Key Announcements, EVA International will keep your personal data until the point at which you instruct us to securely delete that personal data, or until the point at which we are no longer using your data for Transactional Communications. You may instruct us to securely delete your personal data at any time by writing to EVA International Media Ltd, Circulation Department, Boswell Cottage, 19 South End, Croydon CR0 1BE or email: email@example.com
- For data processing for Marketing and Promotions, EVA International Media Ltd will keep your data until you unsubscribe from our email communications or you withdraw your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by writing to: EVA International Media Ltd, Circulation Department, Boswell Cottage, 19 South End, Croydon CR0 1BE or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the we hold about you; The right to request that we corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that we provide the data subject with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office about our processing of your data, details on the process for which can be found at https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/make-a-complaint
All requests relating to the above may be made in writing to EVA International Media Ltd, Circulation Department, Boswell Cottage, 19 South End, Croydon CR0 1BE or email:email@example.com. We will endeavour to respond to you within 30 days.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Data protection registration
- We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Our data protection registration number: ZA337737